Assistant Accountant Full-time, Casual Jobs in Australia 2022
Assistant Accountant Full-time, Casual Jobs
Full Job Description
Work type: Casual, Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Townsville, Hobart, Launceston, Canberra, Parramatta, Sydney, Wollongong, Penrith, Rhodes, Newcastle/Hunter, Adelaide
Division: Audit, Assurance & Risk Consulting
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Bring your interest in accounting/finance and passion for client service and quality and be a part of a team delivering operational excellence
- Full-time, Part-time or casual employment working the hours that suit you from our Sydney or Melbourne offices, or from your regional base
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive, disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
We are changing the way we provide audit services to meet the changing needs of our Clients, Regulators and the Community. Standardisation, automation and digitalisation is the future of audit at KPMG. We believe this will enable us to consistently deliver high-quality outcomes for our Clients enhancing Regulator and public confidence, making us the preferred choice for audit services in Australia.
As a result of our standardisation agenda, we currently have exciting opportunities in our market leading Audit division for individuals with diverse backgrounds to join our team as Assistant Accounts on a casual basis.
Reporting into the Team Leader as an Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for delivering standardised working papers for audit engagements. You will:
- Deliver standardised audit working papers to internal engagement teams
- Performance of deliverables against targets and quality as measured by key SLAs
- Develop an understanding of and apply KPMG’s Audit methodology and standardised audit procedures to continuously support audit teams with testing and documentation.
- Be part of a motivated team delivering excellence to support client engagements
- Assist with gathering and processing client data into KPMG’s Data and Analytics tools
- Turnaround time metrics
- Quality assurance metrics
- Effective communication
How Are You Extraordinary
As the successful candidate you will:
- Have or be studying tertiary qualifications (Diploma/Associate Diploma) in Accounting / Finance / Business from university, TAFE or equivalent private college
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess good written and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and SLAs
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for client service and quality
The KPMG Difference
At KPMG, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) annual index.
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Advertised: 10 Oct 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Dec 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Management Accountant Jobs
$112,199 – $130,853 a year
Full Job Description
Work type: full-time
$112,199 – 130,853 + 15.4% super
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Advisor – Finance Divisional Partnerships, the Management Accountant will be responsible for managing AMSA budgeting framework, management reporting, improvements in AMSA’s Finance system and statutory financial reporting against the Commonwealth budgeting framework, contribute to improving financial management information systems) and external statutory reporting.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage AMSA’s budgeting framework for both internal and external budgets
- Manage Portfolio Budget Statements, associated schedules, management of CBMS, liaison with the Portfolio Department and Department of Finance
- Lead building, coordinating, and managing AMSA’s internal budget, forecasts and projections,
- Provide responsive and high-quality management reporting and papers to AMSA’s Executives, Board and the Board Audit Committee
- Preparation, analysis and submission of accurate and timely ad hoc management reports in support of the decision-making process
- Oversight the ongoing development of AMSA’s financial management systems including dashboards, automation of monthly reports, projection models and project managing such developments.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be successful in this position, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the provision of financial budgetary principles and management of a diverse business environment
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds in a small team
- Practical understanding and experience in contemporary budgeting, activity based and job costing accounting techniques, in complex operating environments
- Demonstrated experience in representing the financial affairs of an entity and in communicating and liaising with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong spreadsheet and database skills
- Experience in working with and administering Finance 1
- Professional finance and accounting qualifications
For more information about this role, please refer to the position description.
Note: Information about our terms and conditions of employment are contained in the AMSA Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019.
We are committed a supportive and collaborative work environment, which is why AMSA offers:
- Flexible work including work from home arrangements
- Health and wellbeing programs including annual flu vaccinations and a healthy lifestyle reimbursement
- An office-wide Christmas period shutdown (in addition to annual leave provisions)
- An ability to work for an organisation charged with protecting our marine environments and saving lives
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) is responsible for the safety of international shipping and domestic commercial vessels, protection of the environment from ship sourced pollution and search and rescue nationally.
AMSA offers unique and interesting career opportunities, and we employ around 450 people across Australia. To learn more about our organisation please visit our website.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At AMSA we acknowledge the value diversity brings. Given the diversity of our role and our impact and influence on communities right across Australia, it is essential that we can draw on the diversity of our people in order to successfully deliver against our mission as a regulator of “ensuring safe vessel operations, combatting marine pollution and rescuing people in distress”.
AMSA has developed and is implementing a Gender Equity Action Plan, which establishes a clear pathway for the organisation to achieve gender equity from the inside out.
We also encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, people with a disability and people from other diverse backgrounds. You can find more information about AMSA diversity and inclusion initiatives set out in our Diversity and Inclusion Plan here.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete your application on our website via the Careers at AMSA page by 24th October 2022. You will need to provide:
- your resume (maximum of 3 pages)
- a brief cover letter (maximum 800 words) outlining what you will bring to this role.
For any questions regarding the role please contact Atul Sehgal on 0448 206 226.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources on [email protected]
AMSA does not engage staff under the APS Act. AMSA engages employees under the Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990 and our remuneration arrangements are specific to AMSA.
Advertised: 10 Oct 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 24 Oct 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Also Read This Jobs:https://sarkariworks.in/nv-relationship-banking-consultant-full-time-jobs-2022-salary-18-an-hour-by-sarkariworks/