Product Manager, Amazon Fresh Stores International Full-time Jobs 2022
Product Manager, Amazon Fresh Stores International
Full Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in product management, program management or engineering
- Experience of relational databases such as Redshift, Oracle, MySQL or similar
- Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting and automation solutions
- Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
- Ability to take a project from initial scoping requirements through actual design, development and testing
- An understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
Interested in joining a new exciting venture? Curious to be at the heart of where innovation meets customer obsession? Recently launched in the UK, Amazon Fresh Stores (AFS) is the first convenience grocery store to offer Just Walk Out Technology in the UK. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, JWO uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! We are incredibly proud of our selection too. We offer a mix of everyday essentials, local favourites and seasonal items we think you’ll want and love, all at great prices. We’re also excited to offer delicious ready-to-eat and ready-to-heat meals. Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious, innovative and customer obsessed program.
As a Product Manager – Tech, it is your responsibility to define and deliver a world-class experience that impacts the lives of AFSI customers. In this role, you will have ownership of the analytical roadmap, working closely with stakeholders to make decisions about trade offs and prioritisation. You will work closely with partner teams that include ISM, Ambient, Fresh, Assortment, Marketing, etc. to identify business opportunities and define strategic initiatives within the analytics space. This is a high visibility role with regular interactions with senior leaders (including M-team).
We’re open for this role to be based in other EU locations (Berlin, Luxembourg, Amsterdam)
Key job responsibilities
1. Drive Business Intelligence & Analytics Roadmap (we want to move from reactive reporting/dashboard development to proactive development of scalable data & analytics products):
- Work with various stakeholder teams (7-8: ISM, Ambient, Fresh, Assortment, Marketing, etc) to define define, own, prioritize, and deliver team’s data & analytics roadmap
- Review the roadmaps with teams on quarterly basis. This will require a progressive development of an understanding of clients needs and priorities, and a close cooperation with the BIE team to understand their/Data Engineering constraints/long-poles.
- Document and present the roadmap to customers including senior leadership (M-team)
- Own prioritization of bi-weekly sprints and bi-monthly roadmap reviews based on your judgement of priorities and the feedback from the teams
- Define a framework / program for user adoption of analytical tools
- Influence the broader organization and be able to coach others on reporting best practices
2. Drive business insights projects (we expect client roadmaps to include requests for business insights that would require use of more advanced statistics/analytics tools: e.g. cross category sales analysis, promo impact analysis)
- Own end to end business insights analyses, potentially turning them to self-serve tools
- This probably would require a level of autonomy in writing SQL and in using Excel/Python or R (we can provide upskilling)
- Write docs to be reviewed with M-team members to share insights from this
3. Drive Strategic vision (we want to build the ML capability within AFSI)
- Participate in the Amazon ML Academy trainings, AWS certifications and other forums to upskill on latest trends in technology
- Work with stakeholders to identify, evaluate and develop business cases that justify the launch of new strategic initiatives. The expected deliverables will include: PRFAQ, BRD, definition of baseline and V1 products. The PM would work across stakeholders to ensure alignment on CX, operational requirements, etc.
- Communicate strategic vision through goal setting, decision narratives, and business reviews with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Understanding of the advanced analytical concepts including but not limited to Machine Learning
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Business & Comms Manager , EMEA Field Effectiveness
Full Job Description
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an internal Business & Comms Manager to join the EMEA Field Effectiveness team. This role will be responsible for supporting the team with communication strategy, execution, team operations and measurement. This role requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work backwards from ambiguous requirements to generate clear, concise communications that enable our field organization to work more efficiently and effectively. The right candidate is extremely data-driven, thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment and has proven experience managing multiple projects and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders. This is a role where you will be both strategic and hands-on. You will create field communications, internal digital pages and manage the internal communication channels and calendar. This is a critical role to ensure we guide both new and tenured Field employees on where to focus, how to build critical skills and opportunities to leverage and drive success with AWS customers. You will also play a key role in managing relationships within the EMEA Field Effectiveness team and wider business stakeholders, managing operational functions that keep our team running smoothly, including coordination of team content, monthly business reviews, operational planning and organisation of team events. You will constantly innovate to drive efficiency and scale. Come build the future with us.
Key job responsibilities
- Be recognized as an authority and thought manager in executive, field/channel or employee communications and contribute to the development and adoption of innovative ideas, programs and platforms.
- Build and manage toolkits, templates, branding and process to promote self-service and communication best practices across the organisation
- Manage the monthly business review (MBR) and operational planning (OP)
- Write compelling communications that capture attention across a variety of mediums and channels, including email, digital, video and visual communications
- Create and distribute internal communications such as newsletters
- Communicate and work collaboratively with stakeholders at a variety of levels across the organisation
- Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (meeting agendas and content, off-sites, and team events)
- Drive team coordination through monthly reporting, and inter-team communication and collaboration
- Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders as well as continually monitor, analyze, and adapt messaging to maximize impact.
- Assist with writing and editing strategic business proposals for new business opportunities